Frequently Asked Questions
How does the RightBike system work?
- You can access the RightBike bike-share service two ways:
- Purchase an Annual Membership at RightBike HQ. You can then use your member card to take a RightBike out from any of our Hubs for up to 24 hours.
- Or, you can purchase a Day Pass or Three-Day Pass at HQ or most of our Hubs. With these passes, you can take out one RightBike for up to 24 or 72 hours.
How much does it cost?
- Annual Memberships cost $60; Day Passes are just $5, and Three-Day Passes just $20. There are no per-hour costs, and, for Annual Members, no limit on the number of trips.
How do I sign up?
- You can purchase an Annual Membership on our website, here. Alternatively, you can drop by RightBike HQ at 1A McCormick St.
- You can buy a Day Pass or Three-Day Pass at the following Hubs:
- RightBike HQ
- Causeway Work Centre (22 O’Meara Ave)
- Cyclelogik (111A Wellington St West)
- Mountain Equipment Co-op (366 Richmond Road)
- Dovercourt Recreation Centre (411 Dovercourt Avenue)
- Please note that some hubs are unable to accept credit or debit cards.
Can I become a member even without a credit card?
- The 24-hour and 72-hour passes do require a credit card number, although you can pay by other means (payment methods vary by hub, but all accept cash)
- The annual membership requires either a credit card number or a refundable $60 deposit.
Where are the Hubs?
- RightBike HQ is located at 1A McCormick St, across from McCormick Park. This is one block north of Wellington Street West.
- Causeway Work Centre is located at 22 O’Meara Ave, one block west of Bayview Avenue and Tom Brown Arena.
- Hintonburg Community Centre is located at 1064 Wellington Street West, at the corner of Merton St.
- Cyclelogik is located at 1111A Wellington Street West, at the corner of Stirling Ave.
- Mountain Equipment Co-op is located at 366 Richmond Road, in between Churchill Avenue and Roosevelt Avenue.
- Dovercourt Recreation Centre is located at 411 Dovercourt Avenue, at the corner of Roosevelt Ave.
- You can see a map of the Hub locations here
When can I ride?
- You can pick up a RightBike during the operating hours of the 4 hubs, which vary from hub to hub and day to day. However members may ride later than the closing time of the hubs. Just make sure you return your RightBike to a hub, lock it securely, and drop the key in the KeyKeeper box located at each hub.
Who can use the system?
- RightBike is open to everyone! However, if you are under 18 you need a parent or guardian to sign your waiver. Also, riders must obey laws governing cycling and cycling safety, including helmets for underage cyclists. It is the responsibility of the member to follow these laws.
How long a ride is too long a ride?
- RightBike service is intended for short term trips of no more than a few hours per trip. To provide the greatest usage of all RightBikes to all members please be conscious of your use. Should a RightBike not be returned to any hub within a 24 hour period the bike will be deemed stolen and/ or lost and financial penalties may apply.
What do I do if I have a problem?
- If you have any mechanical, safety, or other emergencies, you can call the RightBike HQ at 613-722-4440.
What do I do if I’m in an accident?
- First, check on everyone involved in the accident. If necessary, call 911. Then, call the RightBike HQ at 613-722-4440.
What do I do if my RightBike is stolen?
- RightBikes are provided with heavy duty Kryptonite U-locks, and there is plenty of safe and secure bicycle parking around Wellington West and Westboro. Always remember to lock your RightBike securely. However, if your RightBike is stolen, notify RightBike HQ immediately at 613-722-4440.
What do I do if my member card is lost or stolen?
- Notify RightBike immediately at 613-722-4440. Then, come into RightBike HQ as soon as possible for a replacement card.
Can I try it out for just one day?
- We are not able to offer one-day passes at this time. However, a monthly membership is only $10, so if you aren’t sure, why not try it out for a month?
Can I let my friend/spouse/child use my member card?
- No. RightBike memberships are not transferable.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
- RightBike strongly encourages all cyclists, including our members, to ride safely. This includes wearing a helmet. Though we cannot supply our members with helmets, we are happy to recommend bike shops where they can be purchased.
Can I take out more than one RightBike at a time?
- No. Each member can only have one RightBike out at a time.